The Ellen DeGeneres Show [NBC]

Tiago Madeira

Posts Recomendados

Também não ficarei muito surpreso caso haver futuras represálias. A Ellen já está na lista de famosos que perderam parte da sua "credibilidade" em 2020, por causa disto e também por ter dito que sentia que a sua casa uma prisão (sendo que ela vive num estilo de uma mansão :mosking:). 

I mean, pessoas serem despedidas depois de uma baixa médica ou por terem ido a um funeral... Acho demais. :read: E eu a achar que a Mena era a Ellen portuguesa. :read:

• Gosto 4
Partilhar nas redes sociais

On 7/29/2020 at 12:41 AM, EFernando said:

Há relatos que a Ellen nos bastidores é uma cabrita, não me surpreende se isso for realmente verdade.

Houve relatos de ex-trabalhadores (assistentes de produção) que revelam que eles são avisados que ninguem pode ir falar com a Ellen ou tocar nela, a não ser pessoas com cargos de topo, ou alguem com quem ela tenha de interagir em frente às câmaras. De resto, supostamente ninguem pode falar com ela - nem se for para dizer "Bom dia" ou perguntar como ela está!

• Gosto 1

mds :cryhappy:

JAMES Corden is in line to replace US TV host Ellen Degeneres following her "toxic workplace" scandal, it has been claimed.

The Brit Late Late show host could be the shock winner after dozens of employees accused the $50 million-a-year presenter of turning a blind eye to racism, bullying and sexual harassment on her hit daytime show.

James Corden is said to be in line to replace Ellen Degeneres on the chat show

Former staffers have this week alleged that senior executives at the show groped and kissed employees - and even solicited one of them for oral sex.

Now insiders at the show's network NBC claim that Corden, 41, was seen as "the long term successor" to Ellen long before scandal hit the seemingly squeaky clean host.

NBC Entertainment Chairman Paul Telegdy is part of the executive team overseeing the probes on the claims against The Ellen DeGeneres Show - and deciding on the future of the Emmy winning long running daytime hit series.

The Brit telly boss is a "huge fan of James" and has him "'high on his wanted list for talent and a long term replacement for Ellen," should the spot become available, a source told The Sun.

Replacing Ellen was always going to be a tough challenge, but he is a natural fit and easy transition

TV Insider To The Sun

"This issue has fast tracked everything and made everyone look at the future today," the insider said.

"James Corden was being eyed for Ellen's job in the long term before any of this came to light.

"Now this shocking new development places a spotlight on the next step.

"James and his team have been trailblazers in modern TV, taking the once considered graveyard chat show slot into a cutting edge format with huge online, social media and global recognition.

"In five years he went from unknown to A-list star and creative.

"Currently his CBS deal is only contracted until 2022 after he turned down a five year deal.

"Paul is a huge fan of what James does on screen. He already has a huge devoted audience, global appeal and is loved by Hollywood.

"Replacing Ellen was always going to be a tough challenge, but he is a natural fit and easy transition.

"James would freshen up daytime and with a free hand would be allowed to build a new afternoon era."

ELLEN SCANDAL

Reports claim Ellen may quit the series because of the scandal, while several staff at NBC, which airs the show but does not produce or distribute it, claim that the 62-year-old may not have renewed the show beyond that finish before the latest controversy hit.

It means the network could be faced having to fill a huge void in their schedule and only a "significant, successful, well known name would do".

Corden is known by Telegby in industry social circles and well regarded for making the Late Late Show a global brand building a huge online audience.

Late last year the network bought Corden's firm Fulwell 73's couples comedy Private Dickersons for development.

The source added: "James is always looking for new challenges .
"But he has expressed concerns about raising his family in LA so far from his and wife Julia's English families. They miss them greatly.

"They have milled over a return home, but adore their lives and business opportunities so much in LA."

Corden secured a pay rise when he signed to an extension of the Late Late Show last year giving him over $6m per year.

That sum could likely double if he were to move to NBC.

Ellen, who has faced backlash for allegedly being mean and rude to staff and guests, takes home an estimated $50m (£38.2m) under her current deal.

MOVING ON

Back in February, one of the Corden's senior executives revealed that the High Wycombe-born host was not committing to his CBS Late Late Show Show beyond 20 months time.

Lauren Greenberg, the show's head writer, said: "Sometimes it is best to go out right when you are on top. So who knows? But I am excited for as long as I get to do that.”

Corden signed until March 2022 rather than a full five year deal with CBS to continue helming his hit chat show.

The father of three oversees a raft of shows, including Drop The Mic and Carpool Karaoke for his company Fulwell 73 and is being courted by the BBC to film more follow ups to Gavin And Stacey.

Meanwhile Ellen, whose show is produced by Warner Bros and aired on NBC, has been dogged with controversy.

Dozens of The Ellen DeGeneres Show staff members were interviewed as part of an investigation by Buzzfeed News.

One alleged that the show's head writer and executive producer Kevin Leman, solicited him for oral sex at a company party in 2013.

Others claim they saw Leman grope and kiss employees, while nearly a dozen claimed he often made sexually explicit comments about colleagues.

One ex-employee alleged he was sexually harassed in front of other staff, saying: "He’d probably do it in front of 10 people and they’d laugh because ‘It’s just Kevin being Kevin,’ but if you’re in a position of power at a company, you don’t just get to touch me like that."

In a separate interview, other Ellen workers said they were made to suffer "racist comments" and "actions".

An internal investigation was launched earlier this week by the show's parent company WarnerMedia.

In an apology letter to staff Ellen wrote: “On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect.

"Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry.”

Leman hit out at the allegations calling them "malicious and misleading".
He added: "I’m horrified that some of my attempts at humour may have caused offence.”

"I have always aimed to treat everyone on the staff with kindness, inclusivity and respect."

The Sun reached out to NBC and WarnerBros for comment.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12289049/james-corden-replace-ellen-degeneres-tv-show-scandal/

• Surpresa 7

há 1 hora, AGUI disse:

mds :cryhappy:

JAMES Corden is in line to replace US TV host Ellen Degeneres following her "toxic workplace" scandal, it has been claimed.

The Brit Late Late show host could be the shock winner after dozens of employees accused the $50 million-a-year presenter of turning a blind eye to racism, bullying and sexual harassment on her hit daytime show.

James Corden is said to be in line to replace Ellen Degeneres on the chat show

Former staffers have this week alleged that senior executives at the show groped and kissed employees - and even solicited one of them for oral sex.

Now insiders at the show's network NBC claim that Corden, 41, was seen as "the long term successor" to Ellen long before scandal hit the seemingly squeaky clean host.

NBC Entertainment Chairman Paul Telegdy is part of the executive team overseeing the probes on the claims against The Ellen DeGeneres Show - and deciding on the future of the Emmy winning long running daytime hit series.

The Brit telly boss is a "huge fan of James" and has him "'high on his wanted list for talent and a long term replacement for Ellen," should the spot become available, a source told The Sun.

Replacing Ellen was always going to be a tough challenge, but he is a natural fit and easy transition

TV Insider To The Sun

"This issue has fast tracked everything and made everyone look at the future today," the insider said.

"James Corden was being eyed for Ellen's job in the long term before any of this came to light.

"Now this shocking new development places a spotlight on the next step.

"James and his team have been trailblazers in modern TV, taking the once considered graveyard chat show slot into a cutting edge format with huge online, social media and global recognition.

"In five years he went from unknown to A-list star and creative.

"Currently his CBS deal is only contracted until 2022 after he turned down a five year deal.

"Paul is a huge fan of what James does on screen. He already has a huge devoted audience, global appeal and is loved by Hollywood.

"Replacing Ellen was always going to be a tough challenge, but he is a natural fit and easy transition.

"James would freshen up daytime and with a free hand would be allowed to build a new afternoon era."

ELLEN SCANDAL

Reports claim Ellen may quit the series because of the scandal, while several staff at NBC, which airs the show but does not produce or distribute it, claim that the 62-year-old may not have renewed the show beyond that finish before the latest controversy hit.

It means the network could be faced having to fill a huge void in their schedule and only a "significant, successful, well known name would do".

Corden is known by Telegby in industry social circles and well regarded for making the Late Late Show a global brand building a huge online audience.

Late last year the network bought Corden's firm Fulwell 73's couples comedy Private Dickersons for development.

The source added: "James is always looking for new challenges .
"But he has expressed concerns about raising his family in LA so far from his and wife Julia's English families. They miss them greatly.

"They have milled over a return home, but adore their lives and business opportunities so much in LA."

Corden secured a pay rise when he signed to an extension of the Late Late Show last year giving him over $6m per year.

That sum could likely double if he were to move to NBC.

Ellen, who has faced backlash for allegedly being mean and rude to staff and guests, takes home an estimated $50m (£38.2m) under her current deal.

MOVING ON

Back in February, one of the Corden's senior executives revealed that the High Wycombe-born host was not committing to his CBS Late Late Show Show beyond 20 months time.

Lauren Greenberg, the show's head writer, said: "Sometimes it is best to go out right when you are on top. So who knows? But I am excited for as long as I get to do that.”

Corden signed until March 2022 rather than a full five year deal with CBS to continue helming his hit chat show.

The father of three oversees a raft of shows, including Drop The Mic and Carpool Karaoke for his company Fulwell 73 and is being courted by the BBC to film more follow ups to Gavin And Stacey.

Meanwhile Ellen, whose show is produced by Warner Bros and aired on NBC, has been dogged with controversy.

Dozens of The Ellen DeGeneres Show staff members were interviewed as part of an investigation by Buzzfeed News.

One alleged that the show's head writer and executive producer Kevin Leman, solicited him for oral sex at a company party in 2013.

Others claim they saw Leman grope and kiss employees, while nearly a dozen claimed he often made sexually explicit comments about colleagues.

One ex-employee alleged he was sexually harassed in front of other staff, saying: "He’d probably do it in front of 10 people and they’d laugh because ‘It’s just Kevin being Kevin,’ but if you’re in a position of power at a company, you don’t just get to touch me like that."

In a separate interview, other Ellen workers said they were made to suffer "racist comments" and "actions".

An internal investigation was launched earlier this week by the show's parent company WarnerMedia.

In an apology letter to staff Ellen wrote: “On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness – no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect.

"Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry.”

Leman hit out at the allegations calling them "malicious and misleading".
He added: "I’m horrified that some of my attempts at humour may have caused offence.”

"I have always aimed to treat everyone on the staff with kindness, inclusivity and respect."

The Sun reached out to NBC and WarnerBros for comment.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12289049/james-corden-replace-ellen-degeneres-tv-show-scandal/

Esse James Corden é ainda pior :cryhappy:

Programa de Ellen Degeneres regista pior audiência de sempre após escândalos

Segundo a imprensa internacional, o talk show norte-americano apresentou uma das maiores quedas de audiência desde que foi para o ar, há 17 anos. De acordo com o ‘The Wrap’, a audiência do programa caiu 9% na última semana e 29% em comparação com o mesmo período em 2019.

Na origem das baixas audiências estão os escândalos que o programa e a apresentadora enfrentam após alegações de vários ex-funcionários, que acusam a comunicadora e vários responsáveis pelo programa de atitudes racistas, discriminatórias e intimidatórias.

Apesar de vários programas do mesmo género terem visto as suas audiências diminuírem, o ‘The Ellen Degeneres Show’ foi o que apresentou resultados mais críticos.

• Obrigado 1
  • Surpresa 1

• 9 meses depois...
  • 1 ano depois...
há 1 hora, Cláudio. disse:

O melhor programa em todos os sentidos, estúdio, apresentadora, dinâmica com os convidados. Dificilmente voltaremos a ter um programa tão completo quanto este. O da Kelly Clarkson está no caminho.

Concordo, tirando a última frase.
Tenho pena de como tudo terminou com a Ellen, e tudo o que ela construiu, depois de ter passado por um cancelamento ao se assumir lésbica. 

• Gosto 1

• 6 meses depois...

Junta-te a nós!

Podes agora comentar e registar-te depois. Se tens uma conta, Entra para responderes com a tua conta.

Visitante
Responder a este tópico

×   Colaste conteúdo com formatação.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   O teu link foi automaticamente incorporado.   Mostrar apenas como link

×   Uau! O teu conteúdo anterior foi recuperado.   Limpar Tudo?

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Criar Novo...